fredag 26 juli 2013

Trip to Korea and Japan: Day 7 - Sapporo via Seoul

(Click here for first day, yesterday and all trips)
My week in Ulsan has come to an end, as I am now in Sapporo, Hokkaido. Ulsan was a nice stay and I got what I came for, my IR rock art data at Cheonjeon-ri, and some more. The hot and humid weather may have affected my top list, which was department stores and going to the cinema, but the best day was still the help and hospitality shown me this sunday when I went on my trip to the countryside to find my rock art.
I was unexpectedly given a total six hours of transfer time in Seoul when the Ulsan airport service suggested I could as well go 3 hours earlier when I was already (yes too early) at the airport. ALso, as I lost my luggage on the way to Ulsan due to a uninformed ticket agent at Arlanda airport in Sweden, I was rather supicious this time when the girl at Ulsan told me they would transfer my luggage from Gimpo to Incheon airport. When I suggested I wasn't quite sure if I could trust this, she said something along the lines that when going from local to international flights, *then* its OK. So I took a chance and it later proved to be fine. What to do when stuck outside Seoul with time to kill and no large luggage? Well ofc I took the bumber 5 (purple) subway line to Dongdaemun and my beloved Doota deprtment store
If you are the least interested in modern asian fashion at reasonable prices this is the place to go, and the floor for men gets me every time I go there. You can finder cheaper or more international fashion brands, but nothing beats Doota at providing for us in between, that want something extra and different from home, but at the same time don't have to go broke. I actually didnt have that much money at all, but just watching gave me energy. ;-)
Korean Air actually had the best ever onboard magazine I had ever read by far. Reviews, a 10+ page theme number on Kafka, etc, it was actually quite worthwhile to read.

Burgers at Doota...and yes, I did buy one t-shirt, but damn it was so nice. ;-)

At my place of stay in Sapporo, which I booked through airbnb. More on this later on.
(Click here for the next day)


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar