lördag 20 juli 2013

Trip to Korea and Japan: Day 2 - A whole lot of Lotte

(This trip from the start, yesterday or all trips)
As I hadn't gotten my luggage yet, this day's main target was fixing that. To my surprise I actually managed to sleep almost 7 hours to 06:00, even though there is a seven hour time zone difference from Sweden, but then I had been preparing by rising earlier for a week (at 4:00 in the end) so it may have helped then.
I went to the airport and ate breakfast/early lunch at 7:45. I had prepared for bus travel, and new the bus stop, route, and where to get of. What didnt work was paying, when entering the bus and showing my money, the chaffeur just waved me on. I saw people using some kind of prepaid cards or such, but I ended up going for free. On the way back the same thing happened again, and even though I hade asked at the information desk that you could use cash (which they said). It wasnt much money really, something like (9 SEK/1,5 USD), but still strange. The food was very nice, for the price of 9500 WON (65 SEK/11 USD) you got this excellent pork cutlet with soup, kimchi, and some more stuff:
They said they would call me in the morning (well not really, probably wishful thinking) but at 9.30 i got tired of waiting and went to help desk and they checked upp on thing and promised to send the luggage to my apartment when it arrived,w hich would be late this evening or more probably next day. WIth that I returned to the apartment for som mid day rest.

What to do while waiting for the camera parts, considering that the only clothes I had were much to warm for moist 30 degree sunny weather? Well, I knew the hotel was relatively central and I had spotted a Lotte department store on the map. They are one of the Harrods equivalents (Swedes: think NK) that I have encountered in Seoul, and they are actually a bit to upscale for the tourist on a tight budget. Still, there are a lot of fun stuff to look at, and Korea having aquired the same taste for fashion and modern stuff while stile having quite a different outlook than in Sweden, it is quite fun to see all the fresh stuff you have never seen or at least not in this form. I loved the book/childrens store at the bottom floor, where there was also lots of food stuff (like in Harrods), both eateries, groceries and presents to give away.

Le Creuset I only knew for pots and such, but there were lots of other kitchenware here.

I must buy one of these. Oxford is a quite nice LEGO copy from Korea that makes those war models LEGO haven't got the guts to do ;-)

Micro blocks is another LEGO alternative with building blocks, yes, extra small.

An open competition where people tried to get a ball to the top with a water hose.

Funny bench in front of the Lotte store

Lotte usually has a accompaning cinema, and that was the case here too. If you have been following my blog, you can see that from my visits to Tokyo, Seoul and Budapest, its a rather discouraging experience in many countries to, like in Sweden, find movies that isn't dubbed. But when I went and asked, they told me a movie called Red 2: The Legend was OK, so I had a go. And, damn was it nice. Pure fun and action, with a whole bunch of experienced actors. Evidently, Red and Red 2 are alla bout having lots of elder (ie 40+ i guess...) actors in the movie use their charms to lift the movie, but this one actually has the settings, effects and pace, and acting ofc, to make it something more than a parade of salt-and-pepper household names. I can't recommend it enough for those who likes uncomplicated but well done action without dumb violence but lots of intelligent fighting and ironic dialogue between cars exploding and the heroes doing their job with flair. Here is my ticket and some promotional leaflet:
For fun, lets have a look at how easy Korean letters are. The white text is :
례디, 더래전드 .
So, each sign consist of a number of letters, broken down in individual ones we get:
ㄹ ㅐ ㄷ ㅣ ㄷ ㅓ ㄹ ㅐ ㅈ ㅓ ㄴ ㄷ ㅣ
which translated to its latin counterparts is:
r  ae d  <filler>  d  eo l  ae j eo n d <filler>
ie - red the legend
Simple as that! ^_^

And to end it all in an even more positiv tone, my lost luggage was waiting in my room when I returned home for the evening, hurray!
(For the next day, go here)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar