söndag 5 januari 2014

Trip to Sapporo: Day 13 - Crossroads Kura 2014

(Click here for first dayyesterday or for all trips)

After the museum visit yesterday, I and my Swedish companion (also named Mikael) tried to find a place close to Kotoni subway station where there was supposed to be some kind of fair this weekend with indie music acts and artisans selling their crafts. But Google Maps and several other maps placed us at a parking lot so we had to give up. I joked with Mikael that "maybe it is below the parking lot", which proved to be the case.
One not to give up I did extensive research trying to plow my way through Japanese kanji, and I was reasonably sure the Crossroads Kura, as it is called, was somewhere closely connected to the subway station itself. When I arrived there I strolled around and found this sign:

And then a discrete door opening:

Finally, here it is with some stairs down to level B2, i.e. two floors below the ground level…

So, after paying the entrance fee (600 yen / 40 SEK / 6 USD) you're inside. Music playing the whole day, nice crafts and crafters, and artisan coffee-making. Well worth the visit, and a chance to see a little "alternative" part of Sapporo culture.

I bought a bottle-holding key-chain in fun colors.



So I have mentioned this coffee art before, but it was cool to actually see it being done by a master.




Super cute post cards, all 150 yen each (10 SEK/1.5 USD)


Spinning some colorful yarn.




And this is Rina Kodama.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar