måndag 17 december 2012

Trip to Seoul: Day 4 - Mechas and Ho's

This travelogue (which starts here) is all fun, but being here on business, I should of course talk about that to and show some pictures:

University of Seoul

Well then, now that is out of they way. ^_^

Later the same day...I hurriedly visited Asias largest underground market, below the big COEX expo. Here I must mention at least a few of the stores that caught my eye. The first was Aniland, a must visit for all Totoro fans (even though they sell alot of other cutesy stuff too):

Sugar rush or what - Christmas AND Totoro!

And the store.

The next was a toy store (didn't remember the name as it didn't matter - it looked rather generic) where I from my swedish point of view noticed some stuff you don't see that often at home. First there where a lot of Mecha (jaoanese fighting robots) building kits:



And then I found this kind of buildning kits where the parts where made of some kind of wood (bamboo?) and it was all different sorts of buildings or vehicles sometimes. Rather neat and detailed.



 Last and certainly not least was the extremely big Bandi and Luni's bookstore, which was maybe the biggest one I've seen, and definitely so in one plane. Just their section of english (ie original) books was  way bigger than I've seen anywhere in Sweden.


A fun thing they had, like miniature lego blocks, each measuring roughly 2-3 mm a side.

Colorful bibles, just a reminder the Koreans actually have a long Christian tradition

After that I just had to pass the nowadays well-known city district of Gangnam, and specifically Rodeo street (there are other more suitable names of streets and such, but G. and R. will do).
Actually it was almost an anticlimax, the main street was more like a row of showfronts and almost no people going in or out. I wouldn't say the place was dead, it wasn't any impressive at all. The best part was actually when I by mistake went up the wrong escalator in the luxiorious subway station and entered a subfloor like the one in Shinsaegae (or Harrods, London) even though this seemed even more special, with waiter-kind of people standing around at food disks or food courts.

Louis Vuitton

SM Town - known to all k-popers. I tried to see something when I seemingly disinterestedly walked by, but of course nothing came up ;-P

And of course a gift-wrapped building.  ^_^

So guess what caught my eye here, then? The master of bad puns inside of me woke up with a start. This was probably the best thing in my 45 min visit in high end Seoul, haha.

And a evening meal, and FINALLY good black tea, with a thick blueberry-filled waffle made on order. All for a quite OK 4800 Won (32 SEK/4,8 $). Add to that a giant spicy sausage bought from a street vendor 10 minutes earlier and they whole sheebang cost me no more than 6600 Won (44 SEK/6,6$), ie like a fast-food meal here in Seoul.
Not so much to tell as the earlier days, but I got to sleep too ;-)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar